About Tata Institute of Social Sciences
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in the year 1936, is a Deemed to be University (funded by the UGC, GoI). TISS is a Grade-I University with NAAC score of 3.89/4 and NIRF 2020 rank of 34 among Indian Universities and 57 overall.
With campuses at Mumbai (Main) and Off-Campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad, TISS offers over 50 Post Graduate programmes, 18 Doctoral programmes, and 03 Under Graduate programmes in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary and applied social science discipline
About the Job
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) invites online applications for the post of Legal And Public Information Officer on a contractual basis.
Eligibility and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from recognised University / Institute with minimum 50% marks.
- Two years experience as an advocate as a Law Officer in Legal Department of Central or State Government or any renowned Legal Firm/organisation.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office.
Roles and Responsibilities
To provide legal support and represent the University in certain Civil/Criminal
litigation/Court Cases/Establishment matters/outsourcing of manpower.
• To perform work related to the RTI matters of the Institute.
• To guide on legal aspects of the staff engagements, project contracts.
• To guide matters pertaining to Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) in university.
• To performing other relevant duties as required.
• Vetting of MoUs and drafting standard agreements.
• To prepare Media Brief /Media Dispatch/Press Release on behalf of the Institute
Legal and Public Information Officer
To apply for this job, click here.
To access the official notification, click here.